Hostel Rules & Meetings
PARENTS/GUARDIAN MEETING SCHEDULE WITH THEIR WARDS & SATURDAY NIGHT OUT
Feb: Parents drop their wards at hostel.
April: On 2nd Saturday morning, parents can take their wards & Sunday evening they have to leave their wards back.
June: On 2nd Saturday morning, parents can take their wards & Sunday evening they have to leave their wards back.
August: On 2nd Saturday morning, parents can take their wards & Sunday evening they have to leave their wards back.
October: On 2nd Saturday morning, parents can take their wards & Sunday evening they have to leave their wards back.
December: On 2nd Saturday morning, parents can take their wards & Sunday evening they have to leave their wards back.
NOTE: Parents will not be allowed to meet their wards on other than above mentioned months.
LATE COMERS FINE:
If the child reports late he/she will have to pay fine @ 500 per day. To avoid fine & punishment, students should stick to the hostel & school rules as mentioned.
Parents can call their wards on Saturday & Sunday from 5 pm to 7:30 pm.
Only one parent will talk for 5 minutes at the most.
Compulsory-Meeting Schedule with Boarders Parents
|1.||7th April, 2018||First Saturday||PTM & PPM|
|2.||21th May,2018/2nd July,2018||Thursday/ Monday||PPM/BT/PTM|
|3.||20/21 0ctober, 2018||3rd Saturday/Sunday||Annual function|
|4.||2/3November, 2018||1st Saturday||PTM before Annual Exams(upto 9th)|
|5.||23th December, 2018||Sunday||For 10th to 12th|
Winter Break for — 10th to 12th Boarders — 23rd Dec 2018 to 23rd Jan 2019
Reporting back for Pre-Boards & — 10+1 class — 24th Jan
Final Exams & Pre-Boards — 25th Jan 2019 —- to 6th Feb 2019
Commencement of New session from — 02nd to +2 — 14th Feb 2019
Extra classes for 10th & 12th — 08th Feb onwards — upto 20th Feb
Hostel rules for the Students
- Students must remember that the hostel is the home of the students in the campus. They must behave in the campus as well as outside in such a manner to bring credit to them and to their institution.
- A student once admitted in the hostel continues to be a hosteler inmate throughout the year. He has to pay the hostel fee for the full academic session.
- Hostelers will follow the daily routine of the hostel and school unless exempted on medical ground or recommendations of hostel warden.
- Hostelers are not allowed to stay in the rooms during school hours/ games/ activity/ study periods and not to take a day scholar friend to the hostel premises.
- Results of school test and examinations will be sent to the parents through the hostel warden after every exam along with warden’s report on the students, conduct and department.
- PT exercises/ Morning games are compulsory for all the hostelers unless they are exempted by the school clinic doctor.
- Students will be personally/ collectively responsible for their actions. The following will constitute an act of indiscipline.
- Disregard of rules and regulations, instructions, notices of the hostel in school.
- Persistent negligence of studies.
- Failure to adhere to dress code.
- Damaging school/ hostel property, scribbling graffiti on the walls, usage of foul language, unruly behaviour or any other form of vandalism like tampering with safety norms, equipments, books and reading material etc.
- Use of cars, bikes, scooters, etc.
- Using unfair means in examination or stealing.
- Keeping objectionable material like knives etc.
- Students will not be allowed to keep mobile phones. A fine of 5000 will be imposed on defaulters and the mobile phones will be confiscated.
- Students must label all their belongings/ items to be used by them in the hostel.
- Students must not keep valuables/ cash in their rooms. Hostelers will not be allowed to keep any cash or any valuables in their possession.
- Electrical gadgets like heater, kettle, iron or any other such appliance will not be allowed in hostel.
- Any hosteler falling sick will report in the Sick Bay.
- Emergency cases will be reported immediately escorted by the hostel warden. If a student returns after any illness, he/ she should bring a fitness certificate, get it signed by the doctor and show it to the warden before rejoining the hostel.
- Hostelers will not be allowed to keep and take medicines/ tonics without the knowledge of Hostel Warden/ Medical Officer.
- It is student’s responsibility to keep his/ her cupboard/ room/ surroundings tidy and clean. Surprise checks will be made by the hostel warden and any type of disfiguring on the walls, doors & windows will be strictly dealt with.
- Parents must strictly adhere to the holiday schedule prescribed by the school for taking their children home and bringing them back to the hostel a day before the school re-opens. They should not press the school authorities for grant of leave from hostel except in emergency cases. Students joining late will have to pay a fine of 500 per day.
- Parents and local guardians may visit their wards only on mentioned Saturday. They can take their wards on night out once a month (optional).
- Visitors are not allowed to visit the hostel/ dorms. They will meet their wards in the visitor’s room.
- Entry after weekend outings will be before 7:00 pm on Sunday. No student will be allowed to enter the hostel after 7:00 pm under any circumstance even while returning from term breaks. If the train and plane timings are after 7:00 pm they will go to their local guardians who will then drop them at school the next day before the school begins.
- All electrical/ carpentry / plumbery complaints should be written in the complaint register available in the common room/ reception.
- The support staff in the school/ hostel helps and makes our stay comfortable. All students must co-operate with them in the act of discharging their duties.
- All boarders are to be compulsorily provided with school & hostel uniforms and all other items as per the list.
- In case of any deficiency or when otherwise considered essential for the student, the same shall be arranged and the cost will have to be borne by the parents/ guardians.
- Boarders shall take their meals in the common dining hall and should be properly dressed at the meal times.
- Mess utensils are not allowed to be taken out of the dining hall. Only vegetarian meal will be served.
- In case of any loss or damage of the hostel belongings, the cost will be realized through group/ individual high fine @ 10000 and more will be charged
- Students must switch off the electrical fixtures whenever it is not required.
- Students will not be permitted to leave the campus without permission. If found doing so, the students will be rusticated from the hostel & school both.
- Leave will be allowed only on prescribed leave form + parents recommendation well before time. Immediate leaves will not be allowed.
Facilities provided at Savita Garg Hostel
- Students have modern comfortable hostel accommodation. They are provided with a bed, mattress, cupboard, table & chair.
- All items needed by the boarders are provided at campus book shop RPS. Parents have not to venture anywhere in the market places.
- Evening boarding (Academics) classes are taken by subject experts to facilitate them for better learning and understanding without cramming.
- Students are allotted 2 hours, one in the morning & one in the evening for playing various games. They have to select one game & play it regularly. School has vast playground for different games.
- To give fine exposure to the students, they are given chance to opt. for one vocational club. It is compulsory to join one club out of the list & practice.
- Many inter house competitions are organized for the boarding students & they are honoured for their achievements.
- Student’s council is elected for the boarding to inculcate the sense of responsibility & achievements of the students.
- Many long, short, one night out tours, picnics & camps are organized for exposure & educational programmes, adventure & pleasure.
- Four meals are provided in a day with ‘on choice’ food on holidays. Specific Menu as per diet plan by the dietician is followed.
- Students are taken to short outings once in a fortnight.
- Conducive & harmonious environment is created by celebrating birthdays, welcome party & farewell function.
- All festivals are celebrated.
- Students are taken to hospital in case of emergency and shown to private practitioner in case of priority.
- There’s visiting doctor & 24 hours nurse available on the campus.
- Hostel and school has a power back-up (Generator of 62.5 KVA).Dear Parents, Please feel free to call 9418828018 in case of any emergency at any time.